This is probably the easier cake to make and feeds a crowd, but takes a little time….
The cake starts with a regular box cake whichever white cake mix you like baked according to the package in a sheet pan or a good ol throw away 1/2 sheet metal baking pan (my personal favorite).
Once your cake is bake then cooled get a fork and poke a bunch of holes in the cake (fun project for kids).
Get a package of Jello whichever color or flavor combo you like I got mixed berry because we like that flavor and its blue. Make according to package. Poor over the top getting the jello in to the holes. Cover.
Refrigerate until set about 2 hours
then get a can or jar or make your own if you have time of cherry pie filling and slather it on top followed by a tub of cool whip or whipped topping of your choice if you are ambitious you can make your own whipped cream or whipped something then serve. Start to finish it takes about 4-5 hours with refrigerator time but I make this a day or two ahead and it just gets better.
- 1 box of white cake mix, baked according to package
- I box of Jello
- 1 can or Jar of Cherry pie filling
- 1 Package of Cool Whip
- Bake the cake according to package in a rectangle pan. Cool.
- Poke holes in the top of the cooled cake with a fork.
- Make Jello according to package poor over the top of the cake getting in to the holes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours at least.
- Top with cherry pie filling then Cool whip.
- This is a great dessert for large crowd double the recipe as needed and decorate with fun sprinkles or berries in a flag shape.