Stuffed Enchilada Chicken
Sometimes I just think up recipes and try them out to see what it tastes like.. I adjust the taste and then I will put the recipe on here .. This recipe was good first try which is super surprising. Please excuse the paper plate I didn’t know it was going to be so successful first try .. It is a low carb version of enchiladas and super tasty.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2-3 Green onions chopped
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 3 cups of Mexican cheese bagged cheese or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 small can of diced green chilies
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 Large can of enchilada sauce ( I loved Macayo's brand)
- Take your chicken breast and cut in half stopping just short of cutting all the way through (like a pocket) salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese, 1 cup of Mexican cheese, cilantro, and all of the diced green chilies.
- Stuff the mixture evenly in the 4 pieces of chicken then close it up.
- In a shallow baking dish add chicken and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Drain any liquid.
- Top with enchilada sauce and remaining cheese and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite enchilada toppings I like shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream , and avocado.